- Purchase includes:
- 500 Meters Zip-Line
- Free Welcome Cocktail upon arrival
- Free Park Visit: Animal Farm, Kids Garden, Waterfalls, Coloured Earth & More
- Age Requirement: As from 12 years of age
- Opening Hours:
- 09:00 - 17:00 / 17:30 in Summer
- Monday - Sunday
- Meeting Point: La Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park - Chamouny
- Validity: Voucher must be used before the 31st of March, 2017
- Reservation: Required 24 hours in advance by phone & is subject to availability
- No Show: If customer does not show up for reservation, 100% Cancelation Fee will apply
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- Save: 54%
- Activities Include:
- 500 Meters Zip-Line
- Drinks: Welcoming Cocktail
- Visit Includes:
- Animal farm
- Endemic plants
- Kids garden
- View points
- Colored earth
- Geological Museum
- What you should bring:
- Close toed Shoes
- Camera & binoculars
- Spare Clothes
- Free Secured Parking
Vallée des Couleurs
Since the 23-coloured earth was discovered on the 4th of July 1998, "La Vallée des Couleurs Nature Park" has become one of the most famous and unique attractions of the island, which fascinates Mauritians as well as foreigners.
Nature lovers are bound to like this place; it is quite a unique experience with the indegenous fauna and flora that abound in the park. Visitors are treated with a range of natural landscapes, including plateaus, mountains, valleys, craters and crater-lakes.
For starters, there is our exhibition room which shows clearly what awaits adventurers in the park, immediately followed by our fern garden, without which any visit in the park would be incomplete, unless one wants to miss out on the the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other native flowers like the Trochetia (Boucle d'oreille/Ear ring) and the Bouquet Banané (achna Mauriciana), which only blooms at the end of every year.
The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille-en-Queue andCâteau Vert, amongst others. Various endemic trees to the likes of Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and some other rare plants also contribute to the beauty of the park.
Cascade Vacoas, Cascade Bois de Natte, Cascade Cheveux d'Ange and Cascade Chamouzé are the four wonderful waterfalls where visitors can listen to water rustling, relax in natural intimacy and feel inner peace. The park also offers a captivating and breathtaking panoramic view of the South Coast.
The main attraction is the fascinating 23-coloured earth whose origin dates back to millions of years following the eruption of the Bassin Blanc volcano - its ashes, which bear witness to that event, are unique in the world.
- Reviews (0)